Saturday 3 August 2013

First Ever Blog Post!

                                                                       Hello Everyone!

 Now I know that not many of you will be reading this or even visiting my blog, as I have only just decided to start one and have no clue, whatsoever, what I will be writing and essentially 'blogging' about. However, I do plan to make this a regular occurrence, meaning that, I should be uploading a blogpost every week, therefore if you are reading this please comeback to my blog every so often, as there might be something that may be of an interest to you (I hope).

Now that is said and done, I just though I would begin my Blog by telling you a little bit about myself, but do feel free to skip this part as i do realise that I am not the most interesting person by far haha.

My full name is Emma Lydia Wetherly and I am 16 years old from Kent, United Kingdom. I attend an all girls grammar school from the age of 11 all the way up until June of this year and to be perfectly honest, I hated every single minute that I had to spend there, the extortionate amounts of pressure that the school put on us to do well in our exams and achieve multiple A* became unbearable, as it reached a point in which, I was not only spending every evening and weekend completing endless amounts of school work  but it also is what I believe, triggered this depression and 'unworthy' like feeling that i have been experiencing for the past 4 years or so. This and the fact that, being an all girls school, the high level of bitchiness and bullying, meant that the last few years have been an absolute nightmare for me and have done me no favours whatsoever in my development as a person.

Ok, so I didn't plan to rant about something so 'heavy', so early on in my blogpost, but as it has been a major part of my life, I did feel that it needed to be said (although admittedly it wasn't the best way to have introduced my blog...)

Anyway, I am now planning to attend a mixed comprehensive school to complete my A-levels, come September. Now in all honesty  I am absoloutly bricking it, but am also really excited to have the opportunity to experience new things that I haven't been able to do in my previous school. In case anyone was wanting to know, I am planning on taking: Photography, English Lit and Sociology; Although these are only temporary at the moment as it is highly likely that I will completely change my mind!

I am very fortunate and highly grateful for everything that i have, although i do completely understand that hundreds of thousands of other people and bloggers will have a hell of a lot more items and events in their lives, meaning that they will, in effect, have a hell of a lot more to blog about. However, i would still like to blog about aspects of my life, even if they are not as exciting as most peoples!

If you have taken the time to read through all of that, I am highly grateful and any feedback or questions that you may have, please do not hesitate to contact me!


No comments:

Post a Comment